The Assyrian National Council of Illinois (ANCI) was established as a non-profit, community based organization in 1986 to respond to the urgent needs of Assyrian immigrants. The Assyrian National Council of Illinois provides а wide variety of charitable, humanitarian services and programs. For more information visit our services section.
The Assyrian National Council of Illinois provides а wide variety of charitable, humanitarian services and programs which include:
* Case-by-case determination of each client’s unique problem.
* Personal escort to public and private agencies where а tremendous need for bi-lingual, culturally sensitive services is needed, especially the economically disadvantaged elderly population. Translation assistance and other mediation.
* ESL classes for new immigrant and refugees to help them locate an affordable job; Job training and job placement.
* Citizenship classes: 120 hours monthly tutoring and teaching of U.S. history and civic to elderly who are eligible for citizenship. 40 students of 60 years and older attend these classes.
* Immigration & naturalization paperwork assistance: We assist clients in filling out different types of INS applications such as N-400, N-600,1-130,1-131, 1-751, 1-864, and others.
* Computer Classes.
* Individual and family counseling.
* Energy Assistance Program: provide assistance to low-income families to help them pay а portion of their light and heat bills.
* Child day care.
* Homemaker program: giving care to individuals 60 years-and older at home; Adult Day Care: provide special service to individuals 60 years and older such as transportation, social, food, education, exercise, etc;
* Summer Job Training Program: special program for youth between the age of 14 and 21 to enhance their academic and pre-employment skills.